– the information that we collect through the Site, which is hosted and operated from India;
– the use and role of cookies and similar technologies on our website; and
– the security measures we have in place to protect the information we gather.
Information Gathering and Use
We collect information from you in a number of ways, for example when you:
- Make a donation
- Sign up to our campaign
- Sign up to stay updated
You are not ordinarily required to register or provide Personal Information in order to access our Site, though certain functionalities (such as a membership program, internship requests/ volunteer services/ fellowship requests or for making donations) may require registration. We collect Personal Information from you only when you voluntarily provide it to us – for example, in contacting us through the Site, answering surveys and polls, entering contests, awareness campaigns, signing up for email updates and announcements concerning our projects and social programmes, and purchasing Suniye merchandise. Personal Information may include your contact information (such as your name, postal address, telephone numbers and/or email address), as well as your payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date (“Payment Information”), which we collect if you wish to make any donation or contribution through the Site (“Transaction”).
Use of Personal Information
We use the information you give us in the following ways:
- When you take part in a Transaction through the Site such as making donation or contribution or purchasing merchandise, we may collect Payment Information from you related to such Transaction as well as other Personal Information such as a shipping address so that we can send you the receipt or the products you may have purchased. We may use your Personal Information or Payment Information in order to complete the Transaction and, if applicable, to fulfill your donation/purchase and to make sure we have an accurate record of the same.
- We encourage Visitors to contact us with questions and comments. Personal Information may be used in order to respond to your questions and comments.
- We may also use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to send you e-mails regarding contests, competitions and similar promotions through the Site that may require online registration (which may include name, email, user ID and password). We typically ask you for certain Personal Information when you enter and, if applicable, a contest, competition, membership campaign, volunteership programme or similar online campaign to promote social causes. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of your Personal Information conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
- We may also use your Personal Information to find out more about you and the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our campaign.
- Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by Suniye when you use our web site. These will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
- You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.
Security & Protection of Data
Suniye uses well-recognised and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that your browser is able to support. Several layers of built-in security, including an advanced firewall system, encryption of credit card numbers, and use of passwords, protect the collected information.
External Web Services
- We use a number of external web services on our site to display content within our web pages. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your use of the content we embed on our site.
- You may also contact our Grievance Officer at +91-98730-31973 / +91-11-26160936